- Riders must produce appropriate state required health papers for their equine to the Event Manager (Coggins/Health Certificate). It is the rider’s responsibility to be aware of what is required by their individual state and by specific ride host.
- All riders under the age of 18 are considered a minor. Minors must wear a SEI/ASTM approved riding helmet at all SEATS Events and will incur a disqualification if one is not worn.
- Proper equestrian attire must be worn. Including a closed toe shoe with a heel. No shorts, sneakers, or flip-flops will be allowed.
- Riders on the trail must be at least 5 years of age. Junior riders (5-15 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult. There must be one adult for every 3 minors.
- No double riding will be allowed. Ponying a rider is acceptable, except at the obstacle.
- All dogs are required to be on a leash and may not accompany rider on the trail or in the arena. Each host will determine whether or not dogs are allowed.
- To maintain an atmosphere of friendly competition, riders will be expected to be courteous and respectful to other riders. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and may result in zeroes at an obstacle, disqualification from the ride, and/or being banned from the series.
- Riders are expected to provide appropriate tack for their horse to maintain control of their horse in a different setting among several other horses.
- Riders cannot use any tack that will restrict the horse’s head (tie downs, martingales, etc). Grazing reins are accepted.
- Horse must have some type of saddle with stirrups. No bareback pads.
- Horses must wear some form of official headgear with reins on each side of the horse’s neck.
- Any harsh use of bits, spurs, or tack will be penalized by the judges as they see fit which includes potential disqualification.
- Riders should use tack and ride in the style that is accepted by their discipline.
- A horse which shows an obvious lameness will be disqualified from the event.
- Stallions must have a rider 18 or older and must be marked with a YELLOW ribbon in the tail. Rider must give verbal notification to other surrounding participants that he/she is riding a stallion.
- Horses that may kick should have a RED ribbon in the tail. Rider should give verbal notification to other surrounding participants that he/she is riding a potential kicker.
- A Rider Briefing will take place before each event.
- All scores given during a SEATS event are final and cannot be adjusted after the judge has handed in their score cards and they have been processed. However, if a score has been entered into the system incorrectly, it may be fixed to reflect the original score that the judge had awarded.
- Alcohol MUST NOT be consumed or carried on a trail or arena competition by participant before or during the event. Doing so may result in disqualification.
- A horse can be used for multiple riders in the arena but must compete in the highest class first.
- Decisions made by ride host are final.
- Each host will explain their scoring system during the rider’s briefing.
YEAR END AWARDS
- Year end awards can be earned in novice, intermediate, advanced, junior, and in-hand divisions based on points. Points are accumulated for the rider only.
- Points are awarded as follows for arena and trail: 1st Place – 7points , 2nd place = 6 points, 3rd place = 5 points, 4th place = 4 points, 5th place = 3 points, 6th place = 2 point. All other riders will earn 1 point for completing the ride.